What you will Get?
In this course you will explore Information Security through introductory material and gain an appreciation of the scope and context around the subject. This includes a brief introduction to various clauses and controls that allows you to begin the journey into the study of information security and develop your appreciation of some key information security concepts.
The course concludes with a discussion around a simple model of the information security industry and explores skills, knowledge and roles so that you can determine and analyse potential career opportunities in this development profession and consider how you may need to develop personally to attain your career goals.
After completing the course, you will have gained an awareness of key information security principles regarding information, confidentiality, integrity and availability. You will be able to explain some of the key aspects of information risk and security management. You will also gain an awareness of some of the skills, knowledge and roles / careers opportunities within the information security industry.
Who should attend?
- Employees who have an interest in or are responsible for information security and in need of any introduction to the fundamentals of security
- Those who want to understand complex technical terms
- Non-IT Security Managers
- Professionals in all disciplines who need to be familiar with the basic security concepts
- Executives who have direct access to what the largest enterprises in the world are doing to mitigate cyber threats and risks:
- Information Security Managers
- IT Security Managers
- Corporate Governance Managers
- Risk, Compliance and Audit Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- Finance and Payroll Managers
How will my organization benefit?
- Organization will know the main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Organization will be aware of benefits of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Tea / Coffee
- Workshop Material
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the workshop)